Tank cycled fully? I need your Help!

ram man

Superstar Fish
Apr 16, 2005
Arizona
well, my tetst resultes say every thing is ok

the ammonia test kit is white, the nitrite test kit is blue, these both mean 0 on the tests, but i dont fully trust test kit, so i need your help.

Let me know if my tank is fine.

lots of pods, amphipods living in the macro algae on the rocks, isopods crawling all over the glass, some type of stony coral growing on the rocks, and these tiny sporal like tube worms growing on the glass.

does this mean i could now add some hermits and snails?

ram man

Superstar Fish
Apr 16, 2005
Arizona
the lfs has the same ones, w even tested them against other test kits, im basicly asking what are the natural signs within the tank that it is cycled.

kaihonu82

Small Fish
Mar 30, 2006
santa clara, ca
Once you're confident that the ammonia/nitrite/nitrate levels are down you can go ahead and get them...scarlet hermit crabs add nice color, along with cleaner shrimp, and Astraea snails are good and cheap. :)

ram man

Superstar Fish
Apr 16, 2005
Arizona
before you guys posted i added 3 blue legs, they have been doing fine, ive also started seeing more things come out of the live rock. say a white nudibranch with these clear white iped tenticle thinks on its back, will this start to be a problem if i add corals? could this be whhat is eating the smaller zoanthids in my mantis tank?

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
a pic will help, usualy nudibranchs will prefer one kind of coral to munch on, I had one that loved xenia....but would eat the polyps off of my leathers...when big they can devestate corals...mine was like 7-9" and could eat an entire colony of xenia in an hour. if you like him keep him, if not give to LFS..they usually starve to death anyways.