Tank divider

Well, I have a bunch of fry again...........:p

I need to move Weebo into the 55g but of course I can't just dump her in there. So I was thinking of making a divider. Here's what I found laying around the house. It's a little larger than the perfect size for one divider. It contains no metal. I don't want to glue anything, but I don't want it to be so cheap that I can't resuse it.

But now what? Is there a quick, easy, and cheap way to get that in the tank? Possibly today? :) Thanks for any advice/help.

(Pencil is for comparing size)

Since we have no stuff laying around the house that I could use as a frame, we decided to go to Home Depot. I realized then that it would make more sense to invest in something that would be more permanent than just a frame and this mesh stuff...so I bought some plexiglass type stuff for $8 (18x24in.) with the money I don't have...:p

So I will drill some holes in it and cut it to the right size. Then Weebo can move into the 55g (more or less permanently!) and the fry can have their tank back. :D

Pure

Elite Fish
Nov 1, 2005
Jacksonville, FL
If the plexi is what I think it is...It's very thin and will warp if you let it's weight rest on the bottom of the tank without supporting the top with something like suction cups.

Pure

Elite Fish
Nov 1, 2005
Jacksonville, FL
Slice the top part of 2 suction cups towards the cup. slide the edge of the divider into the slice and silicone in place. The suction cup should be between the tank glass and the edge of the divider.

You may need to trim the plexi down a lil at the connection point.