Tank Filtration

Jan 1, 2010
Canada
So I have a roughly 28 gallon that I'm going to start cycling on Monday. I plan to put one redcap oranda, one black moor and a "dwarf" pleco. I'm not sure what species it is, I've been looking at pictures, but it was just sold to me as dwarf and I was told it would stay small. Right now all of the 3 are under 2 inches each.

I typed them into AqAdvisor as the size they are now and everything is peachy, but once they are adult, the stocking level jumps to 135% and the filtration needs to be increased by over 50% with huge water changes.

Here are the juvenile stats, here are the adult stats.

My exact filter wasn't on there, it's actually the penguin 160, not the 150, and I just put rubberlip pleco because I think they stay small.

What should I do?

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
what you should really do is ID the pleco. your can check planetcatfish.com to compare photos or post up some clear pictures of him on here.

Your stocking sounds perfect for the tank and you shouldn't really add more fish even if its 42% right now... (a couple white mountain clouds is pushing it) just make sure you take care of what kind of pleco it is and act accordingly ;)

Unless your pleco is actually a corydoras catfish...;)