Tank finally set up!

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
So I got my tank up and running last weekend.. I dont have a camera but hopefully will be getting 1 in the next week or so.. So far there's 75lbs of rock , 40 lbs is covered in coraline and the rest is base rock.. My t5's I picked up are all atinics so I need some white bulbs still.

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
Finally got my tank set up! It's a 75 like the title says. I have a 50g sump , euro reef skimmer, using t-5 54watt (4) and a hydor 2 and 1,300 gph return for flow.. Have around 70lbs of rock (40) came from an established tank and the rest is base rock. Tank has been up for 2 weeks.. Here's some pics I took with my phone, sorry they r kinda crappy..

Purple death

Pink with specks

Aog

Mohawks

Dragon eyes?

Not sure what these are, black with a green skirt

Green shrooms

Blue shrooms

Red shrooms

Yuma?

Also have Kenya tree and some Xenia , and a large orange monti cap.. What ya think?

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
That's how I roll , lol.. Like I said I bought most of it a few months ago and was keeping it at my friends house .. I'm going to pick up my black clowns on Tuesday .. Guy said they are about 2" and laying eggs! Hope they are peaceful as they will be my 1st fish... I've emptied the skimmer 2 times already! It's surprising because I'm not even feeding yet...

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
Nice! What was ur fav? I scored a cleaner shrimp 2 days ago for 8.99 and some snails for .50 each.. Guy said they were turbo but they are not eating my green algae lol! Going to pick up my clowns tomorrow.. Waiting on a yellow figi leather that's 8". Supposed to see pics before I go buy it and I'm picking up 8/10 heads of hammer also .. My last 2 corals I'm picking up, oh yea I'm getting a bunch of free pom pom and Gsp tomorrow too

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
I picked up a frag or 2....
(ORA) Red Planet
Green Mille
(World Wide Coral) Blue Echinata
(ORA) Miami Orchid
(ORA) Oregon Tort
Copp's Pink Table
Blue Tenius
Hollywood Stunner
African Hornet Zoanthids
A few different Favias
Rainbow Acan
Neon Candy Cane
Frog Spawn
And a few unnamed Acro's

I went with 50 frags to sell (cause 50 was the limit lol) I sold all but 14 frags! to get in you have to be a club member so the money I made covered the $30 family membership, Lunch for me and my wife, and Every single frag I bought all came from the money I made that day

quaddity

Large Fish
Feb 25, 2007
Mesa, AZ
www.myspace.com
Nice to see you back Jim. I haven't had any tanks at all since I sold my 70 gal quarter cylinder tank about 6 months ago. Plan on getting a reef set up again once my finances are better. I had bought a Fluval Edge with the top glass removed (making it a rimless) from the last reef meeting I went to 6 months ago thinking I would do a pico reef. That never happened I just set it up 2 days ago as a Walstad natural planted tank. I have never done planted tanks before. Something to occupy me until the next reef ;)

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
Got my scrren top from BRS today! Was thinking about getting a diamond goby to sift my sand. I have a lot of dead spots and figure he would stir it up good. All my apistia is gone! Just want to add 1 or 2 more fish. Any suggestiins?