tank is 6 weeks old and is still milky green colour

crowfish

Small Fish
Feb 4, 2008
i cant get rid of my milky foggy tank my amonia is o my nitrite is 1ppm or 2ppm my nitrate is just starting to show. i have 3 3 inch bala sharks one 3 inch oscar and one plocostamis and i have fluval 305 running in a 67 gallon tank with 2baskets full of carbon 2 basket with one clear water stuff packet and a packet of nitrite remover to clear the nitrite and the rest cermaic cylinder things any suggestions for the water clearity.

TabMorte

Superstar Fish
Jan 17, 2008
You're still cycling. When cycling with fish in it takes 6 to 10 weeks to finish the cycle. You should be doing 50% water changes every day until your nitrite is 0 at that time your water will clear up.

pwrmacG4

Superstar Fish
Jan 16, 2008
My LFS!
mine took 7weeks to the day to cycle.. how often are you feeding? I found out that feeding them once every other day will help with the cycle. it gives the nitrifying bacteria a chance to get ahead and grow.. if you feed daily or multiple times a day the bacteria has to try to take care of what waste is being produced daily from feeding and has to take care of what is already there from before.. i recommend feeding them less. fish can survive alot longer than people think they can without feeding.