tank size does matter

Kurty

Small Fish
Oct 22, 2002
does anybody know anything about 5 foot long tanks ?    ???       I want a base size of 60x12 or 60x18 height not as important . who makes em, where can I git a catalog?

colesea

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
NY USA
All Glass Aquariums is one of the leading aquarium manufactuers around. In fact, they're so good, they're the only aquarium we carry at where I work. We've a few Oceanics in now and again, but those you're going to be spending a whole lot of money on.

If you can't find a tank already made to the specifications that you want, you may want to enlist the help of your local contractor, who may be able to put you in touch with a glass smith that could custom make it for you.

Hight does matter, because whe you think of the weight of water, you don't want your tank to become too top-heavy.
~~Colesea

Kurty

Small Fish
Oct 22, 2002
*thumbsdown2*thanks 4 your sugestion but I looked through an All glass aquarium catalog they dont offer a 5 foot long tank  :'( any other ideas ? how do I find a glasssmith?  yes height does matter I could have a tank 60x12x21 do you think that would be 2 top heavy  

colesea

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
NY USA
Hmm..to find a glass smith check your local phone book. Go to a proffessional framing shop and talk to somebody there on where they get their glass from.  I know there is a glass place not far from my house that installed my new car winshield when a pebble on the expressway cracked it, they might know. Home Depo or Lowes may be able to put you in touch with a wholesaler or someone.  There are also companines that advertise custome aquarium manufacturing, you just have to search around the internet to find them.
~~Colesea

Kurty

Small Fish
Oct 22, 2002
*ALL* thanks, but 6 foot tank is 72 inches long I have a black walnut cabinet I built (heavy duty strong) that is 64x20 inches 72 in. too long *thumbsdow thanks for the help any way