Tank Stocking

matt32

New Fish
Jan 2, 2010
Hi,

I finished cycling my 15 gallon tank a couple days ago. It is equipped with heater, AquaClear 20 filter, air pump, and is fairly well planted.

Today i picked up 3 tiger barbs at my LFS, and i will be going back in a week or two to get 2 more.

In a couple months time when all is stable i would like to continue to stock my tank. i was hoping a pair of platies, and a dwarf gourami.

How do you think that this setup would work out?

Looking forward to hear your thought and suggestions.

Thanks

jamiejay09

Large Fish
Dec 14, 2009
England
sounds good,, the dwarf gourami sounds good they are a great fish :) its good your taking your time stocking in staging lol.. out of curiosity what are the dimensions of the tank ..??

ValRasbora

Superstar Fish
May 2, 2009
Atlantic Canada
I would get 3 platies- 1 male and 2 females if you want babies. 2 is fine if they are the same gender. Otherwise the male will harass the female, causing unnecessary stress on her.

otherwise it sounds good! The barbs would probably nip at the gourami's fins a bit.

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
1. i suggest you dont use the air pump if its very well planted.
2. raise your water level so high that there is no longer any water fall from that aquaclear. the water should barely break the surface as it exits the filter. minimal surface agitation in planted tanks is recommended, by me at least.