Tank too hot...

Bridish05

Large Fish
Jun 29, 2006
Dekalb
www.facebook.com
I read on this site that my tank should be between 72-82 degrees (f)
My tank has been steadily climbing in temp all day and is now at 82 degrees
I turned off the airpump and heater, the only thing running is the filter...
Is it bad that my tank is that warm...? What should I do?

Feb 10, 2006
Bay Area, CA
I would say don't worry about it. I doesn't seem that the fish in your tank require a low temperature. It's been pretty hot around where I live and the tank is around 80 degrees F too. What I did was just unplug the heater on both my tanks. That way, I save electricity (I think).

Bridish05

Large Fish
Jun 29, 2006
Dekalb
www.facebook.com
I'm not sure what the room temp is, i'll have to find out, my tank went back down to 80 F when I woke up this morning...so i'll just watch it and see where it goes, but if it gets to hot again i'll go to petco and see what I can get

inthedeep2

Small Fish
Jun 28, 2006
if you are that worried about the temp make yourself a cheap chiller put a
20oz water bottle in the freezer and put it in your tank. you dotn need to buy a chiller for a 10 gal. put the bottle in and watch the temps when its down a bit take it out and put it back in the freezer

Pure

Elite Fish
Nov 1, 2005
Jacksonville, FL
The problem with using the frozen bottle method is it will be next to impossible to keep the tank a steady temp, It will constantly rise and drop in temp, this will stress your fish. Also if you are not paying close attention it is very possible to drop it too much too fast, again causing stress. All of this can lead to an ich break out very easily.