Tank Update

strout

Superstar Fish
Dec 21, 2008
I got the new Octopus Extreme 200 Skimmer hooked up yesterday, and its starting to put out a bit of the brown stuff. I think I need to take the filter sock out of the sump to see what it can really do. I am glad I had some extra SW mixed up, that thing really holds alot of water compaired to the old skimmer, about twice as much, most likely more like three times as much. I am glad the wife never looks under the tank :). The GFO / Carbom reactors are doing their job and the refugium is doing good also. The Cheato dosn't seem to be growing much yet but its still green so thats a good sign. I ordered a duel doser for the two part yesterday and will get that hooked up when it comes in. Next up on the list will be a controller of some sort, not sure if I am smart enough to set that up. TRe has been helping me out getting the right stuff ordered, can't say how much I appreciate all that help.

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
wait till the skimmer get broken in! give it about 2 weeks and youl be amazed at the crap that skimmer pulls out day after day! your on the right path trust me! :D