teach me about crays

trav_19

Small Fish
Dec 7, 2006
well my lps has blue crays all the time and its always been in my head that, that would look awesome in my tank...but i am totally clueless to these things....i dont want all my fish in my tank to become his food haha so what do they eat? any info will help out

jessey

Large Fish
Dec 25, 2006
Tampa, FL
your fish would most likely become food. ;) however, crays are really cool.. i'm sure BV will make his way around here to fill you in, or someone else who knows a lot. i'm also thinking about getting a blue cray, and setting him up in my 3 gallon eclipse tank.

IDunnoWhy

Superstar Fish
Nov 16, 2006
Deerfield, WI
Well pretty much any bottom dwelling fish (Plecs, loaches, cories etc.) will probably be food in short order. Fish that inhabit the upper waters stand a far better chance of survival, however ultimately they'll probably end up as food also.

A crayfish is often best kept solo or with fish your not terribly attached to (or fish your currently mad at....different story) I had a blue cray, he pretty much destroyed everything I put in the tank, it was just his nature, my brown "feeder" cray was also this way. However some people have kept crays with fish rather successfully, so I think it boils down to the specific cray in question.

Sum it up? If you like the fish.....the Cray probably will too :cool: