Temp at 68-70 F.

Feb 28, 2005
Waterford, CA
I had to go some were last night and was gone all day today, right before I left I had cleaned my heater and accidently moved the setting. when I got back today my temp was low(68,69 dagrees) my light has been of 4 a few hour's so my fish is sleeping somewere(can't see it) lol, I just stuck an extra heater in my tank to boost it a little. it should be cool huh????

thanx guys

Feb 28, 2005
Waterford, CA
oh, thats not cool. um. there is one more thing I just ponderd on. when I put my themomiter back in my tank. I put it in a lower spot then before> do you think anything would change, because I think it is colder at the botom of my tank. I know it shouldn't be but...

Jan 9, 2005
Visit site
at 75 you should be alright, not good for the fish certainly but they should live. My tank went up to 90+ the other week and i only lost a hermit crab, but it was still really scary, i think the trick is to get the temperature back to normal expediantly, but not abruptly as to not cause more shock.

KahluaZzZ

Superstar Fish
Jun 12, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Visit site
speaking of heater...i bought a jager 250 w to replace my craaaaapppy hagen with no auto temp control ( or tired to have to set the room's temp )
and it is awesome. Always EXACTLY the temp i want. Set it to 79.5...and it's always this temp.

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
I wouldn't worry too much about a temp drop like that though it's not desirable, it shouldn't kill everything. If that's the case pray you never get a power cut ..

What I would worry about is that if you have 70 at the bottom and 75 at the top, your water circlation must absolutely suck.

Feb 28, 2005
Waterford, CA
yes I need some stupid power heads, it's not that bad but I can definitly use more movment. I had to take that medzoo powerhead back(broke, sucked) but I have my fluval and a little Rio 50 wich almost does nothing. but I have my Fluval for now. I think I am going to take the end peice to the pipe of my fluval and make the water go down. right now it has a little thing so the water goes strait out. but I think i twould be good going down, think its a good idea.( if you know what I just said) lol, thanx

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
i would recommend getting a couple powerheads instead of one big one so you have a little more control over the flow...600-700gph minimum i think. with the fluval and your other powerhead you must be at least half way there. a couple more big powerheads should do it

Feb 28, 2005
Waterford, CA
well, dude I took me ZooMed one back to the store(it broke) and I did not get another one becuase I got a clean up crew. lol so I am at 300 gph/tops.
I will do that I think get two or maybe three minimum ones to place in diff areas of the tank. Oh you say 600-700 minimum, how high can I go? and is more better, like is 1,500 good or to much?? thanx