temptation strikes again!

ram man

Superstar Fish
Apr 16, 2005
Arizona
i was at aquatouch on sunday and i got a new frag! it is a zoanthids with a green skirt green mouth and the rest is a nice pure purple color. but that wasnt the tempting part... they had prawn gobies and candy cane pisto l shrimp. and little clown gobys! i wanted them so bad but couldnt because of the mantis... but my day will come! i have found freshwater to be more of a nuesince than salt(to much algae) so when the puffers pass away( i will make olans to turn the ten into a salt water tank.

Jan 16, 2004
Syracuse, NY
Have to agree with you there on saltwater being alot less algae prone and troublesome than fresh. I guess using pureified water with salt a lack of nutrients for the blooms really does make it impossible for algae to thrive, saves alot of hassle.

Neat finds, hopefully that 10 will be up in time

dbacksrat

Superstar Fish
Jun 3, 2003
Glendale, AZ
Visit site
I was at Aquatouch on Friday, and I have to admit that's the last time I'll ever set foot in that store. The sand in all of the display tanks was covered with cyanobacteria, and the selection was dismal. They're under new management now, so that's the problem. The next best place is in Tempe.

ram man

Superstar Fish
Apr 16, 2005
Arizona
if they are under new managment then that may be why they have new fish in... they had a stingray and scooter blennies... they have a contact thing on there website. the cyano was cleared up

Jan 19, 2005
Mesa, Arizona
I haven't been to Aquatouch in a while...I'm sorry to hear that things have gone downhill :(

Dbacks, are you talking about About the Reef? That place is great, very friendly staff. And best of all, they're in the East Valley :D My brother also found out about another place around ASU called Pets Inc. They have a huge freshwater selection, too (even zebra otos!).

ram man

Superstar Fish
Apr 16, 2005
Arizona
ill go back to aquatouch to see what exactly is going on. i was in and out so i may not have noticed anything... ill try about the reef. their prices are probably more fare than aquatouches though. the only reason i will go back to aquatouch if it is as bad as you say will be when my mantis passes awya of old age, then i will get one from there.