ten gallon stocking?

im looking for some live plants and some fish for a newly set up 10g.i was thinking maybe javafern and some neon tetras with a zebra pleco.i havent looked into compatability or anything like that yet,but i will.does anyone have a ten gallon?what did you stock it with.i want to open my horizons and explore more options.(sorrry i know thats a stupid line but i just watched a stupid movie and enjoy teasing my sis about it becuase she enjoyed it.)

fishbrain

Large Fish
Oct 2, 2003
Central NY, USA
www.geocities.com
bala_aquarium said:
cool thanks,does anyone know how to get your barbs from being pigs and share the food with other tank mates.
oh and i was looking at other peoples post and looked to the left where it shows who is posting.and under the name it says little fish,big fish,or stuff like that what is that?
What kind of barbs? Like Lotus said, that their nature (barbs). The big fish, little fish deal is based on post counts..... don't worry too muh about that.

Stock for the 10 gal; I'd say a small school of small tetra (neon like), some cory cats (3 is good), & maybe a dwarf gourami, honey gourami or a ram depending on your upkeep of the tank (no expert on rams so maybe not).

Last edited:

S-kate

Large Fish
Oct 21, 2005
Ithaca, NY
Zebra Danios are great fish, a friend of mine has had 4 of them for over 6 years now. I'd recomend a few of those (don't get just one though, they're schoaling fish).

I believe he said "zebra pleco" rather than "zebra danio", big difference!

First off I think zebra plecos require a lot of care in the water maintenance department, secondly they're damn expensive!, thirdly I think they like to be kept in groups which you definitely can't do in a 10 gallon and fourthly...they're rare.

So I hope you are not planning on getting one of those. Only people with experience with plecos and thinking of doing a breeding program should really be venturing into the zebra pleco domain.

Zebra danios are a different matter and I don't know anything about them but from the sounds of it, 10 gallons is still too small

dont worry i i like zebra danios to,and im glad you said danios because i forget about them. the zebra plec i know take lots of work.i looked them up a little while ago.i dont think ill be getting them for my ten gallon becuase wont a four inch fish need a little more room especially a bottom feeder that only has the bottom of the tank.