Tetra curiosity!!

E

Ed-Luvs-Meds

I've stummbled upon tetraaas; yes, common I know, but I never really paid any mind to them soooo... Yeah. Anyhow!! Say I got me some Green neons and embers too, would they school together?? Breed? Maybe? The breeding part was just curiosity, hybrids are probably impossible. :( To bad, lol. But would they school together, because their all tetras? Because I don't have room for 6-7 of each type! :eek:

E

Ed-Luvs-Meds

I haven't gotten the fish yet, and they'll be in the 10 gal... xD;;; -needs to update sig-

Grymatta

Large Fish
May 16, 2005
I've had the same 6 neon tetras for about 2 years now and they've all but stopped schooling. I think after a while, tetras will stop schooling when they get used to their tank and dont feel the need for a school to protect themselves..

Apr 22, 2003
NYC
shellvergel.blogspot.con
Tetras only school in a very large tank, lets say 50+ gallons, or when they're really scared. Otherwise, they're pretty much all over the place. I've got 7 gold tetras in my 30 gal and they don't even bother schooling during water changes when i have my hands in the tank.

And no, different species of tetras don't interbreed. Most don't really even breed within species in regular tank conditions.