tetra feeding

Sep 4, 2005
I feed my tetras flake food and sometimes frozen bloodworms. Right now i feed them a good deal (but it all gets eating, maybe 1 or 2 flakes hit the bottom for the shrimp *twirlysmi ) twice a day. Is twice a day good enough feeding, or is there a specific amount of times i should feed them. Also, should i feed till they stop eating, kinda like all they can eat in 10 minutes or will that lead to obese dead :( fish

TLM4x4

Large Fish
Jul 21, 2005
southern oregon coast
um it should be "everything they can eat in TWO min." not 10 min.!!!!!! If you are feeding them that much, are you making sure you keep your tank clean????? Because they will poo ALOT when eatting that much. I feed my fish a little bit 2 maybe 3 times a day.

f8fan

MFT Staff
Nov 19, 2004
Bangor, Maine
You don't need to feed fish twice a day - or even once a day. One meal a day is fine for the fish - and even skip a day or two a week to "clean out the pipes" ;)
Fish can go quite a few days without meals. Overfeeding them just pollutes your tank, makes the "fish food" manufacturers rich, and makes for a lot of poop in your tanks.
Feed them once a day, or even once every other day,trust me they will be fine. And only what they can eat in a couple (2-3) minutes.