Tetra question

Oct 21, 2005
I have a small school of 6 neon tetras and I notice that the largest one seems to chase the rest of them around. Is this normal?

Yes it is... Most fish have little squabbles now and again, this is part of their 'life', neons will play, occasionally fight. As long as he is doing no visable damage, then everything will be fine, once the others get bigger. Mine do it now and again, but not so bad. If you see any of them getting injured by the bigger one, i'd suggest giving up the larger one..

CAPSLOCK

Elite Fish
Jul 19, 2004
Cape Cod
They are just establishing the pecking order within the school. As long as you have more than 3, there isn't a problem. This is one of the problems with keeping only 2 or 3 schooling fish-one always gets picked on and pestered to death. In a group of 6, they are fine, everyone will get picked on a little so that no one fish is constantly harassed.

Fish Friend

Superstar Fish
May 29, 2005
England
www.piczo.com
i dont know wether this is true but...if all your neons are spotted around the tank not in shoals...then it means they have no 'issues' with the tank, but if they are in shoals together then they have a problem with the tank ??