Tetras+2 in 55gal?

Big Vine

Elite Fish
Feb 7, 2006
Florida
That would put you at about half your total stocking level for a tank that size, give or take. ;)

Personally I'd at least double the size of those tetra schools, or maybe stick to just a couple species in even larger schools.

BV

Fuzz16

Superstar Fish
Oct 20, 2006
Wellsville, KS
id skip out on the black tetras, i dont like how nippy they are with my fish. like big gorillas patrolling thier area.
and i wouldnt mix kribs and GBRs, might be a recipe for disater
maybe 12 neons. a nice school is always better.
and dont know much about blue acuras, but id research and make sure they dont eat neons 0.0
and ditto with five bar cichlids

sweetpickles7

Superstar Fish
Feb 13, 2007
Central Illinois
Ok,thanks fuzz16.Actually i did some research and five bar cichlids are for sure out of the picture because they are way to agressive.i dont quite know about blue acuras enough though except they get to be about 6in fully grown.Do you have an opinion on which is better.Kribs or GBRs?

Fuzz16

Superstar Fish
Oct 20, 2006
Wellsville, KS
GBRs are better but you have to have pristine water for them. i went through 6 before i got a pair.
you could do kribs, but get maybe just 2 females. they get mean when they breed...same with the GBRs.

and i think you need to seperate the fish into levels, so you have movement everywhere :)
GBRs will tend to stay near the bottom
swordtails...everywhere *rolls eyes*
tetras normally near mid-top