Thank you!

Jul 15, 2012
I wanted to thank you all for this forum! This forum has been an invaluable source of great information to me over the past 3-4 weeks. Last month my mother gave me her 50 gallon tank and everything that went with it after her fish had died. I'm not exactly a newbie with keeping fish but I haven't had a tank in over 20 years so I felt some research was in order. That's when I stumbled here through a google search while I was deciding what type of fish to keep. The wealth of information that is available here is great. Every question I had, I found great answers right here. I have managed to cycle my tank with little trouble and stock my tank with 5 rainbow platies and 2 common plecos and plan on adding a couple more fish in the coming months. Again I say THANK YOU! :D

~Tommy

Thyra

Superstar Fish
Jun 2, 2010
Yelm, WA
Welcome to the forum! Platies are very nice fish - they come in so many different colors and are active. They also fit in well with other community fish.

Thyra

Superstar Fish
Jun 2, 2010
Yelm, WA
Can anyone explain: I just posted and the entry says 10:35 AM, but its 9:05 AM (PDT) I could understand if it was 2 or 3 hours different but an hour and a half??

KcMopar

Superstar Fish
The time has been off like that for as long as I can remember. Pleco's have not been bred in a home aquarium as far as I know. I have heard that they have been bred in ponds. I had two in my 150G years ago and never had any problem, you just need to be sure you have plenty of food for them. If you are not suppose to I am not sure.

Dec 14, 2011
WI
I'll have to do some checking around about it 'cause now I'm curious. I wonder if I could get away with adding another bristlenose to my 60 gallon, on account of their smaller size. I love my bristlenose to bits, don't get me wrong, but because she's a female, she'll never get the whiskers that give the plecos their name.

Jul 15, 2012
Pics will be coming soon. I realize the plecos will have to be moved to a larger tank. Once they get to big for my tank I plan on giving them to a nearby school. I'm not sure about what other fish I want. I'll still doing my research on that one. My daughter wants to get some angel fish. My main goal right now is to make sure I have a stable tank environment.

Last edited: