The best upgrade for my 2 Betta males

wandat

Small Fish
Jan 2, 2005
Oklahoma
Visit site
Right now I have them in the little divided tank that Wal-Mart has for them..... I can't see how they can be happy. I guess you could say I am a firm believer in the 1" per gallon rule. I am thinking of either putting one into my 2 gallon and getting another 2 gallon, or maybe getting the 5 gallon divided tank that I seen in the Drs Foster and Smith catalog. What would you do?

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
my betta seems pretty content in his 5g with a couple of pals...I'd agree that the little 'betta keeper' type cups that they sell for bettas are stupidly small. I think a 2g would be great for a betta...or the 5g divided...or get another 2g and use them as book ends :D

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
i've always wanted to try it....but the thought of wood + water + books just hasn't ever worked out for me. It'd probably be best like on the top of a short book case or bureau/dresser with maybe a houseplant in the middle or something :)

wandat

Small Fish
Jan 2, 2005
Oklahoma
Visit site
i agree with the dividers thing. The one I have then in isn't see through, but still I think it's WAY TOO SMALL for them! I think for now, until I get a chance to get another tanks I'm going to put one into the 2 gal I have and take the divider out of the small one I have and keep the otehr in it. Thanks for ya'lls opinions.