the fish store sold my first large tank!

clown

New Fish
Apr 6, 2005
Toronto,Ontario, Canada
my first tropical 20 gal.tank Feb.5,05
the LFS man said look around look fish & look
as I was in wheelchair . Like Australian Rainbow Fish
& he said would deliver tank set it up . He did & let run 5 days, then sold me 100.00 cichlids. They killed
each other & had he said he help me at start. Then
he was not at the store & he had date come my apt.
to help me & never came. Then found out was in fight was in hospital. When he came he told me I killed 100.00 his fish as had 3 white clouds that put in the tank from 5 gal . The cichlid ate 2 & he said lone white cloud was mean & it had no nip fins so killed the fish but it swam so fast that no one catch him.
Then he pick the fish that was left said "he would give 50.00 comm. fish. The day he came do chores for me bought the fish & I was lucky that one of his children step on the bags so got 9 fish instead tank
full. That was 3 weeks ago the tank the tank now is cycled. I learn hard lesson that money was Christmas money& I am on Goverment of Ontario Disability Support Program, because of MS!
So other Newbie be care lfs owners who want sell the tank & the fish right away!

foty89

Medium Fish
Mar 1, 2005
Binghamton, New York
I am assuming that you speak French and this post was through a translation program.

You make a good point that it is vital to check out the local LFS's to find a good one. There are sadly some out there, that really ought to be used car salesman. Once you find one, don't stray away.

OCCFan023

Superstar Fish
Jul 29, 2004
New Jersey
yea some lfs owners can be real jerks. He sounds like one of them. Stay awa and look for another good store, maybe a few people on here know of some good ones near you, or check the net/ phone books or such.