the great fish relocation of 2011

Nov 5, 2009
CT
ok so the time has come to move some fish around. BUT before i do anything i need a new 10 gallon tank because we decided to keep the frog. i was looking at this one Amazon.com: Aqueon Deluxe Aquarium Kit -10 Gallon: Kitchen & Dining. that "4 new from $18" really caught my eye. could that really be the whole kid for only 18 bucks?

has anyone else noticed weird things with the site? i login, then it takes me back as if i hadn't logged in. but when i enter a sub forum i AM logged in. it's very confusing

Thyra

Superstar Fish
Jun 2, 2010
Yelm, WA
Yes, several of us are having problems and I think there are more that aren't speaking up and just aren't posting. Be sure to report problems to the Administrator so they know there are more of us with problems. At first we thought it was our PC but its not. I have rebooted, changed browsers and emptied the cache.

Nov 5, 2009
CT
ya i think i'l just bite the bullet and get it. the extra money is worth the convenience of trying to find it all used. there was one that was cheaper but it didn't come with the heater or the net. and there was an $18 dollar one there but its gone now. must have been a mistake.

Nov 5, 2009
CT
here's a question. should i move the 5 gallon fish into the 10 gallon and the goldfish into the 5 or keep the 5 gallon as-is and put the goldfish in the 10 gallon?

Nov 5, 2009
CT
What goldfish? I don't see where you mention any gold fish and neither the 5 or 10 gallon tank is big enough for goldfish.
i have 2 goldfish in a 1 gallon bowl. i know neither is big enough i'm just trying to improve their situation as best i can before we can get our pond dug which hopefully will get done this summer

Denther

Large Fish
Feb 26, 2011
USA
Huh? ^^^

I have also been having issues with the forum.

My friend got that same kit and it's seems to be serving him well so that's a good choice. Best of luck in your great relocation!

Edit: Be sure to check your LFS for that kit before ordering because I believe my friend got that whole kit for 40 dollars at Petco. I think it was a sale but it never hurts to check. :)

Thyra

Superstar Fish
Jun 2, 2010
Yelm, WA
Please - if you are having problems with the site, report the problems so the Administrator doesn't think its just me or my PC. The forum is very awkward to use and now this morning there is a whole bunch of spam on a number of threads and I am having difficulties reporting that. I will have to admit, I am starting to worry about the safety of the site.

Nov 5, 2009
CT
ok so my mom decided she doesnt actually want the frog so i don't need to get a new tank. i think i'm going to go return it tomorrow. can i just do like a 50% water change and put the goldfish in or does it need more cleaning than that?

Nov 5, 2009
CT
man are the forums slow. so i returned the frog, did a 100% water change and put the goldfish in. i put the whisper 3i in there too to help with any cycling that might happen and to provide oxygenation since its powered by an air pump. here's how it looks now. if you have a good monitor i recorded it in HD. if anyone could tell me what types of goldfish these are that'd be great. and yes i need a new hood light and the glass needs a good scrub down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ti4gObOJRNI