The most amazing betta find at Petco!

Angelfish

Superstar Fish
Apr 14, 2003
Valencia, California.
Today I was taking a look around petco and wondered over to the betta section, my eyes were instantly captured by a male yellow crowntail betta! I wanted him so bad, but my dad has a rule that I cant bring another tank in to the house, and I had just had my bf take one of my bettas so he wouldnt take another. He had to drag me away from the fish. When I came home I researched him and discovered they are selling for $50! So I went to beg and plead with my dad to let me get just one more tank (can you imagine a 19 year old begging over a fish?! Lol!) After 30 mins he finnaly said yes! So hopefully, if the betta is still there tomorrow I will have a new addition to my family and he will be named Sunshine *SUNSMILE*

Angelfish

Superstar Fish
Apr 14, 2003
Valencia, California.
Sorry to leave you all in suspense guys, just been at collage and working :) ( ... What was I think by putting a smilie next to collage and working?!) Sadly he was gone :( so no Sunshine for me. Although Im going to go back and check every Wednesday when they get their shipment to see if they have another =)

Dragonett

Large Fish
Aug 13, 2003
Norwalk, CT
Visit site
Blah, that sucks. The PetsMart I work at also gets really cool looking bettas occasionally. One time, we got a completely yellow-ish white betta with blue-ish eyes. Another time we had a blue betta but it's ventral fins were yellow. Too bad I didn't take it home. It was gone within 2 days or so.

Angelfish

Superstar Fish
Apr 14, 2003
Valencia, California.
Originally posted by ecotank
It wasn't me though..Lotus can verify that I slept in today and didn't go get a betta :D
Lol, your funny :)

Dragonett, how often does your petsmart get rare bettas in? (Like not often seen colors, and CT's) Im trying to figure out how long it will be till I find another :)

The yellow CT I wanted was the same price as all the others ($3.95) I dont think the people who work there noticed, or if they did they couldnt excatly charge different to what it said on the cup :) Works for me =)

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
I'm wondering how the breeder could have made that mistake in selling the CT with the others. Obviously Petco buys the bettas in bulk, and wouldn't have noticed. I don't know what the staff at your local chain stores are like, but at ours they wouldn't know if they had a great white shark in their tanks :p

Keep looking, and maybe there will be another one like that some day.

Last edited:

Dragonett

Large Fish
Aug 13, 2003
Norwalk, CT
Visit site
Originally posted by Angelfish

Dragonett, how often does your petsmart get rare bettas in? (Like not often seen colors, and CT's) Im trying to figure out how long it will be till I find another :)

We get in a few color oddballs in with our usual shipments of veil tails and crown tails. Usually every several weeks we get anywhere from 30-75 fish in.