the snail again

Feb 10, 2006
Bay Area, CA
I few weeks ago I found snail eggs (little yellow clusters) on my fake corkscrew plant. And just last night, I noticed they were back. But worse, I found two clumps. Does anyone know how to stop these guys from spawning? I only have 2. They're about 1/2 inch and have black/brown shells.

Limi310

Superstar Fish
Nov 30, 2005
Charlotte, NC
I don't think it's possible to stop them. You can try manually removing them by placing a cumcumber (or zucchini - I can't spell that word right now) in the tank at night and usually by morning they will all be on it. Remove cucumber and throw away.

You can also try syphoning out the egg sacks.

I honestly don't mind a few snails in the tank, they help with cleanup.

Feb 10, 2006
Bay Area, CA
Yeah I've read that clown loaches can grow up to 5 inches in an aquarium. Thanks for the suggestion but I don't think its a possiblity in my tiny tank. I've tried siphoning them out, but the eggs are attached rather stiffly to the plant. In anycase, I just stick my hand in and yank them out if they're near the surface. If its too low, I drain out some of the water, take out the plant, and then pull of the clusters.

Unbelievable, can't wait to get my betta tank. Then that snail will be tossed in with my betta and cleaning will be much easier not having to worry about eggs.