There is something in my tank.

Apr 11, 2006
I just notice that there is something creepy in my tank. When I turn on the light, I saw a tiny little thing that looks like a crab moving fast on the live rock into the dark. Does anyone knows what this little thing is. Looks like a tiny crab or spider, move too fast into the dark, I cannot see it clearly. Is this little thing harmful to my fishes and corals? If so, how could I kill it?

Austin815

Small Fish
Apr 27, 2006
Yeah they are definatly copepods... they would come out when it was dark in my tank, and when the lights came back on, they would go hide back in the liverock...they are pretty much harmless to your tank... they will eat leftover food and things like that in your tank... You will also probably see worms come out too also! That is what's so neat about a reef tank, is that you see so many living organisms in it that you didn't know you had!

Apr 11, 2006
yea, I think you are right. When the light turns on they would get hide. I did saw some tiny worms too. I was watching closely at my tank the other day and I saw these tiny little shrimp the size of a hair, swim up toward the light but was knock down by my current. Are these tiny transparent shrimp harmless as well?