there's a hydra looking thing in my tank!

Jan 11, 2005
NY
Visit site
:confused:
This little guy popped up in my tank recently, and I'm not sure what it is. There are a few actually, red, green, and orange so far. I first noticed one when I found it stuckto the front of the tank. After looking a bit more I noticed the others, Will they harm anything? How could I control them if need be? The pictures are the best I could get for the moment. They look something like mini anemones, with very thin, long tenacles coming from a very small main body. These little goobers are only about an inch from tip to tip.

Green Hydra Thingy

Red Hydra Thingy

Last edited:

KahluaZzZ

Superstar Fish
Jun 12, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Visit site
Well i hope you didn't help propagation . They are spreading soo fast. Oh and BTW everyone, joe's juice never killed anything until last week when i found an aiptasia near a tiny feather duster. When i killed the anemone, my duster died instantly.

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Well the red could be anything, but the green looks to me like the legs of a brittle star tucked away in there. If you look close up they look green and black striped_

Chopping aiptasia is the best way to get them to grow with a vengeance. Joes Juice worked very nicely for me.....

S.Reef

Superstar Fish
Dec 1, 2003
Michigan
I dont think so...as long as you dont go hog wild on the stuff...if they did harmcorals in mass quantities, then there wouldnt be any joes juice on the market.