they have hatched!

mcshell

Large Fish
Jul 23, 2003
Vancouver BC Canada
Visit site
The betta fries have hatched!
Casper is a dad now :)

They just have tails hanging out, and it's funny to watch them falling down, and Casper being super busy to take them back up to the bubble nest! *laughingc *laughingc

mcshell

Large Fish
Jul 23, 2003
Vancouver BC Canada
Visit site
I am not sure yet - depends on how many of them actually can grow up, and how many females / males I get.
Need to jar the males for sure :)
Then, may try to keep as many female as possible; as for male, may give some to friends.

The locale fish store usually give a very low price for taking fish - so I may not take them there unless i had no other options :)

mcshell

Large Fish
Jul 23, 2003
Vancouver BC Canada
Visit site
They are now 'free-swimming'. I've removed Casper. Their size is about 3mm. I was trying to feed them with microworms -- the first day they didn't seem to be eating. This morning when I fed them, I saw some of them eating! Yay!! :)

I also went to the lfs where I got the parents and told them about it. The lady said the first few weeks would be quite tough for them. If they can make it after the first month, they should be more stable :)
They also told me about a betta club that they started. They will have a monthly meeting, and the members can bring in their fish for auction (money will go to the club). If you're interested, you could email them! Their website: www.fin-omenalfish.com :)