think i finnaly got a good home for my cray

Jan 13, 2007
a while back i asked what would go good with crays well i think i figured out a good mix.
about $2 worth of ghost shrimp and $2 worth of feeder guppies.
both seem to work well in the tank with the cray.
the ghoost shrimp are pretty quick and hardley ever get caught by the cray even though she tries.
the tank is also a holding tank for the feeders i got lucky and one was pregnant so she has let out a few fry here and there. i think she has caught on to the fact that as long as she keeps squirting out fry shes not going to be used as food lol.
anyway all this makes for a prety active tank that is actually more fun to watch than my other tanks.

IDunnoWhy

Superstar Fish
Nov 16, 2006
Deerfield, WI
I was thinking guppies for my Cray tanks too, so far every living thing I've tossed in has been Cray food in short order, If guppies stay near the top, that may work good though......Let us know how it all works out.

Got some pics of your Cray? *thumbsups

Jan 13, 2007
IDunnoWhy said:
I was thinking guppies for my Cray tanks too, so far every living thing I've tossed in has been Cray food in short order, If guppies stay near the top, that may work good though......Let us know how it all works out.

Got some pics of your Cray? *thumbsups
i tried fancy tail guppies and they got snaged up within a couple of days. the cray like to nip at the tail until they are to slow to get away. feeder guppies are a good match cause well they are just feeders and the longer they live the better lol

try 10 or so ghost shrimp its fun to watch the cray chase them.

right now a got about 10 shrimp left and about 10 guppies all different ages including some that were born last night.

Jan 13, 2007
Big Vine said:
Sounds like a cool setup.
I might try something similar...just wish my platies would hurry up and breed. lol

I'd like to see some pics too!

BV
pics tonight then im just getting raedy to step out.
but noticed about 5 more fry since my last post.