thinking of sw tank??

snoce

Large Fish
Nov 14, 2003
nj
Visit site
i have 2 fw tanks my beginner6gl eclipse and a 30gl with all barbs...i was thinking of trying the 6 gl as a sw tank...is this too small to try are there small fish that would be happy in a 6gl tank...if so where do i begin to look into this setup..are there good websites i can learn from before i try....a beginning kick in the *** would be great...like what type of filter i need or gravel ..stuff like that...thanks

most of the people here say with the 6 gallon you'll only be having one fish and probably some shrimp. also you can be cheap and run a HOB filter with a powerhead circulating the water. and you'll need some live sand and around 6lbs or live rock. I only have a FW 6gallon right now did some thought about the SW tank but i was limited to my budget.

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
i dont think a 6 is a good first SW tank...there is a lot more involved in miantaining water quality, etc, and it becomes infintely more difficult in such a small volume of water. if you were going to go SW I would reccomend using the 30 for that...if you decide you want to go with the 6 anyway I would do some serious reading at the library, talk to the lfs, and post a lot here about it first...another place to look at would be www.nano-reef.com but i wouldnt post a topic like this there, they aren't as friendly as we are here...you need to already have a good working understanding of SW setups before you post there