This ia a deal!!

jaws2

Large Fish
Feb 19, 2003
massachusetts
Visit site
*SUNSMILE* I 'm getting a 30 gallon long to be under my 55. I'm getting 2 whisper twos,light,hood,and gravel which im not going to use because its going to be a saltwater tank. What should I cycle the tank with? *SUNSMILE*

eseow

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Depends on what type of tank. Fish only will use the Bio-Bag in the filter. If its live rock/live sand, then just place rock and sand in tank and monitor the water. Usually die off on rock will produce ammonia to start cycle. Fish only has two options, fishless cycle with ammonia as previous posts in this website have havew written about, or place hardy fish, such as Damsels in tank. Live rock setup will have less of a stress on fish due to nitrifying bacteria already existing in the rock. Fish only will have to start from scratch.

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Live rock. Use it as your primary filtration, and make your life easier. If you can't afford a lot, get a little and let it seed some limestone based baserock.
Don't try it with damsels, it's hard on the damsels and not really very efficient.