This might sound stupid but....

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
I have a Maroon Clown fish in my 60G and recently (when I put the Anenome into the tank) he got some orangish tips on his fins. I know that color is good and means they're healthy but is that all that this means? The reason that I ask is because I havent found a Maroon Clown with this coloring. I have only found Gold Maroon Clowns with this coloring. But the stripes on my clown are white not gold. Just curious. I attached some pics, sorry for the quality. I also attached a pic of my Gobies just cause they are so cute!

Attachments

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2005
I don't know anything about clown fish but i looked at your pictures and your fish are beautiful. I love fish pictures. I wish more people would post them.

ram man

Superstar Fish
Apr 16, 2005
Arizona
could you turn the tanks lights on? i can barely see any cloring on t he guy.
he sounds like a pretty fish. maybe he is so happy hes showing more color.

Feb 6, 2005
Waterloo, ON Canada
Did you do a water change or have any sudden water chemistry changes? this could cause a shock to the fish which can cause sudden color changes.
It could also represent reproductive status in some fish or could also indecate disease....sorry not much help I know but at least it's something you can look into. I personly have not had any experiance with clowns and could not find any info on the net other than what I stated above. Just keep a good eye on him for now, I'm sure it's nothing to worry about though.

Last edited:

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
My Barred Gobies are doing awesome. The colors that they have are really neat! I couldnt really tell when I first got the but now they're beautiful! My sister is up visiting and she named them Ren and Stimpy!! I thought it was cute! They are eating well and have fat little tummies. They are venturing around the tank now too!