This weekend's stuff

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
Here are a couple of pieces I got yesterday:

Some blue polyps (I think they're protopalythoa)

New leather (on the right, behind the coraline :p
)

We also got a one spot rabbitfish. He's in quarantine, and being a little skittish, so I'll get some pics when he's settled in a bit.

I got a couple of more zoas today, but they're still acclimating.

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
nice zoos! the toadstool is cool too.... i really liked my foxface to bad he mysteriously died :/ .... i got a nice size red monti cap yesterday for free from a club member i supose ill have to snap a pic :D

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
The leather is actually two leathers joined together. It is very pretty. The duncan is sprouting a baby, so I'm really happy. :)

Here's some bad pics of the onespot rabbitfish:

And the other new corals, some green button polyps and some zoas (and a new turbo snail)

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
I have those green ones let me just tell you they are super fast growers! your going to be fraggin them every other month lol.. I think they are called Green Implosion (sp) or something like that.. those eagle eyes are awsome.. i have some of those also lol

Last edited:

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
Yes you may want to keep those green palys by themselves as they can get to be invasive once they have a foothold, believe me mine have spread faster than the gsp does.....I have some now growing up the back glass along with the gsp. Nice foxface......mine is still skittish after a year or so....except when I put in a sheet of nori then he is all over it. He turns a mottled colour when he gets stressed, in fact he and my yellow tang are always chasing each other around....

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
I might put the green polyps somewhere out of the way. There is quite a lot of space left in the tank where they can spread, though. Right now, nothing in the tank is permanently attached, so anything is possible. We plan to upgrade lighting, which would mean many things will need to move.

I hadn't realized until I read something the other day that tangs and rabbitfish are fairly closely related. When I looked at a tang the other day, I realized it must be true. I would guess that's the reason your tang and rabbitfish have a few "issues." Mine is still pretty skittish. I'm hoping he'll adjust enough (and learn that I'm the Food Lady).

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
ahhh for the most part they get along fine, every once in a while they will take a swipe at one another.....but usually only if one is cornered.....funny really. They are both so darn fat they can hardly squeeze between the rock crevices.....