tiger barb compatibility

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
I say you should be ok but the problem that I see is that you need to get atleast 5 of them and you dont have that much room left in your tank. I would get rid of a pair of GBRs or move them to another tank and then get 5 Tiger Barbs. But I would not get them with the current tank stock.

Jayrod7

Large Fish
Dec 1, 2005
Omaha, Nebraska
like the others say im worried about the GBR. you can try it but be sure to have hiding places for the GBR and the other fish in there, with my past experience with tiger barbs is they are either the most peacefull fish or little devils, or if they are in a group of like 6-7 they are usualy content with each other and vent their aggression to eachother.

Jan 4, 2007
thanks.........right now i just plan on saving up to buy a bigger tank anything from either a 75g up to a 120g i have no clue......once i do that me and my father-in-law are going to build a stand for it the way i want it.

Big Vine

Elite Fish
Feb 7, 2006
Florida
Good idea...and if you get a 75 gal., you can check out Maha's DIY thread on the stand he built for his. EDIT: It's in his thread in the Freshwater General Discussion section.

Big Vine

Jan 4, 2007
yea i already saw it.....thats what made me wanna build my own....id rather build one and make it the way i want it other than trying to find one that looks ok and never really like it.

Jan 4, 2007
yea actually i would like that.....i know that you put your plans for it on here is there a way i could get the measurement of the 75g so that i could start planning my layout for mine?