tiny anemone

Jul 22, 2004
northern illinois
Visit site
i am so glad i joined this chat because you have answered questions for me that have been conflicting in books. i know you have not answered alot of my personal questions because i have not had to post them considering alot of then were already asked! Thanks!!! My husband is still having a hard time accepting to disconnect the air stones but i am working on it! lol. but another question i have is i have an anemone that is about 1 in big and he seems to be doing ok but how fast will he grow?.. my other 2 i have bought are about 5 inches and seem to do ok as well but the one has not grown and we have had him for about 6 months!... is he possibly just ill or is he just going to stay little? :rolleyes:

S.Reef

Superstar Fish
Dec 1, 2003
Michigan
It depends on the kind of anemone. Some kinds dont grow all that big...others are very slow growers. If you can identify it or send apic that would help significantly.

S.Reef

Superstar Fish
Dec 1, 2003
Michigan
It could be a few kinds of anemones. It could be a Haitian Reef Anemone or a Purple tipped Sebae anemone. If you don't mind me asking...how much was it? The Haitian Reef will be significantly cheaper then the other. You also say very white. This could be a sign of bleaching...observe carefully.

S.Reef

Superstar Fish
Dec 1, 2003
Michigan
It is a Haitian Reef Anemone. I would make sure its getting meatier foods. Mysis or enriched brine to start off. The microvert is probably being accepted but is not giving enough nourishment.