Topping off Tank

BlackGhost

Large Fish
May 14, 2006
Palatine,IL
OK a lot of water has evaporated and I tested the salt level and its at 1.024 and it was 1.021 when I started the tank. Do I add the RO water slowely over a few days or how do I do It????

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
The reason that the salinity elevated is cause water evaporates but salt doesnt. Honestly I just add the water all at once. I havent had any problem with it. Also a salinity of 1.024 is better than 1.021. 1.021 is a bit low :p

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
BlackGhost said:
ya but doesn't that cause shock to the fish????????
Sry I posted before I finished cause I almost had a puppy accident in the house. :eek: With that big of a drop yes you wan to add it slowly. But usually I just add it every few days to keep from such a big drop.

Sry 'bout that. :eek:

i add water to mine like 2 times a day... but it drops like an inch a day since i have a Fump© it only drops in there. i have measured my salinity while it was about an inch low, and i couldnt tell a difference from what it normally was. thats about a half gallon out of 30 gallons. you should be topping your water off whenever you see it drop at all. its not good to let salinity go up and down like that.