Tradin for this..

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
Im going to trade my yuma rock for these corals, probably going to get them this week sometime..

This galaxea is about the size of a youth football he says..

And i will be getting 3 of these!

Here's what im trading.. - a few polyps he said i could cut off!

Am i getting a good trade in you opinion?

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
Galaxea are extremely aggressive they have streamers that can be up to 12" long and will sting anything near them or downflow from them...... so be prepared. Some of the lfs here won't carry them because of this. I think they are better in smaller size less able to reach anything that way. They have polyps that are in a tube like structure and you can frag it but it will lose it's round ball shape when you do. I think garf.com has a section on fragging galaxeas...... I know once you trade it you are going to be fragging it and trading those off asap....

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
not really, they are not expensive corals and are quite popular especially that color morph.....the lime or electric green ones are harder to get. I am not sure you could frag it up and get a lot of money for it as you would need to grow out the frags and it is not a fast grower.

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
Well im not going to trade after all.. I don't need something comming into my tank and killing all my corals! I am however going to cut my yuma rock in half and trade that for about 5 or 6 of the orange ric's.. It probably won't happen untill next week sometime but ill post a pic when i get em!