Trained Betta Results

Lakea

Large Fish
Oct 14, 2006
Texas
So for my speech class I decided to train a betta and do my paper over fish intelligence and training them. I trained this betta to go through a little ring. I only had about a week to train it, so he didn't learn any sort of command, just goes through the hoop when he's hungry. I think it was a success and it was a lot of fun, probably not for the fish.

Well here is a little video I took, lasts like four minutes but he goes through the hoop three or four times. Oh and just ignore the conversation going on between me and my baby cousins, they would not stay off the table :p In fact just mute it.

YouTube - Betta going through ring

The betta is now living at my cousin's place and is very happy in his new home. I miss him, but I bet he is glad the crazy lady with the yellow hoop is no longer bothering him. By the way, my four year old cousin named him Peppermint!

Last edited:

drake53

Large Fish
Mar 11, 2007
southern Texas
Funny you do a du du du du when ever hes about to go through. Im training my guppies right now for color coated signs. Ive even gotten then to stay in line then go in and out in a circle at the middle amazing what fish can do.

Lakea

Large Fish
Oct 14, 2006
Texas
I'd like to see that, sounds pretty cool. If I had the time and resources I'd like to do a whole synchronized goldfish swim team like on youtube :p