Tube Coral

Joe Fish

Superstar Fish
Apr 21, 2006
Penn State
josy.isa-geek.com
Ok, thanks. I'm not ready for this guy. I was looking at it because it wasn't photosynthetic. I was just curious if you feed the water column enough and had a good amount of flow that it would suffice. Would you have to feed it everyday? I read that every 3 would be fine or is that just a benchmark?

Joe Fish

Superstar Fish
Apr 21, 2006
Penn State
josy.isa-geek.com
Definitely a nice looking coral. I think i'm going to pass on it though. Still trying to nurse my xenia back to health. Poor thing took a turn for the worse yesterday. I'm trying to find a decent low light button or LPS to add.

Limi310

Superstar Fish
Nov 30, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Yeah I agree that it isn't that bad. Pretty easy to take care of actually as long as you feed it. Although it can be a pain because your fish learn they can steal food from it. Not a problem for me at the moment since my only fish is in QT.
Just for future reference in case you get one - Lots of good info about them here: Melevsreef.com - Suncoral

I was looking at it because it wasn't photosynthetic. I was just curious if you feed the water column enough and had a good amount of flow that it would suffice. Would you have to feed it everyday? I read that every 3 would be fine or is that just a benchmark?
No - you would actually have to use a syringe type feeder and squirt the food into the cups. Your nutrients would be out of control if you had to squirt enough into the water colum for it to eat. They are piggies and can eat a whole cube of food or more at a time. I feed mine every 2-3 days.