Tubifex Worms

Apr 14, 2005
North of the 49th Parallel
I bought this jar of freeze dried tubifex worms to give my fish some variety in their diet. They were in cubes & the label said to stick the cube to the inside of the aquarium below the water line. Well the cube would not stick to the glass so I broke it up & floated it. Well this stuff takes its sweet time to saturate & sink. Some of it floated around & got stuck to the end of the filter tube. Also these cubes expanded to quite alot of worms, perhaps too many. Now I can break the cubes down to a more suitable size for my fish but does anyone know a better method of feeding the fish these worms?

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
Most of my fish have no interest in those cubes. The ones that do will attack the cube and follow it around the tank. To get them to stick at all you have to slide them down the tank wall with some pressure. Or, you can rehydrate (soak) them in a little water and feed them to the tank that way.

NoDeltaH2O

Superstar Fish
Feb 17, 2005
SC
I have a small rock that has a little cubby-hole in it. I soak the cube a bit to soften it up, then cram it into the little cubby-hole in the rock and the corys and loaches go cuckoo for it. It keeps the worms down on the bottom for the bottom feeders. FOr top feeders, I just break it up between my fingers.

R0UNDEYEZ

Large Fish
Sep 2, 2004
I buy the Wardly tubifex and I just break them up up into smaller pieces and throw them in .. all my fish love them and eat the pieces really fast. I tryed sticking them to the glass like suggested on the container,but I found that really. really pointless since it just comes off as soon as a fish trys to eat it.