TurboFlotor giving me problems

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
Hey guys, Before i moved my 40 gallon tank to my apartment i had it(the Turboflotor) running in a 20 gallon sump which is now non-existant, it is all explained in a differnet thread, but for various reasons i do not have a sump now and i cant get my turbo flotor 1000 multi SL to run correctly, it immediately fills with wet foam which turns to water and fill the cup with in a minute of activation, i shortened the length of tubing between pump and unit to lessen the bubbles, but before i shortened the tubing i was still having the same problems, so i was wondering if anyone had used these before and if they had any tips. I have already contacted aqua medic and asked their help(still waiting on a reply) i know i could just put a ball valve in line with the pump and the unit, but since there is no sump i am really trying to limit the amount of equipment in the tank, which right now is to pumps hidden in rock work, and the skimmer, and that is all so i would like to keep it that way, any advice or tips would be apreciated,
thanks
Brahm Callahan

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
how do you have it set up? its sitting in the tank?

my understanding is that raising the height of the chamber will help you create a dry foam...is there a way to raise the shaft which holds the collection cup on the turboflotor?

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
I don't have a turboflotor but the theory stays the same.
You can rise the cup
You can reduce the water flow (how a prizm works)
You can increase the air part of the air/water mix.

What are your options

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
i can reduce the water flow, already did that, helped a little but it just slowed the amount filling the cup, and the air water mix i already adjusted, i am currently trying to adjust the height of the cup, but at the moment i have to go to class so i will do it when i get home thanks for your suggestions i will let you know how it goes
Brahm