Twenty years

Toddlee

Medium Fish
Feb 27, 2006
Swannanoa NC
Hello All,

Had a ten gallon tank twenty years ago but gave it away to make room on the desk for my first computer. Now twenty years later the computer (not the same one);) is supplying me with the knowledge to get back into the hobby the right way. I'll post in the beginners forum the plan I have for the new tank. My sig is how it looks now and the avatar is the first addition after it cycled.

I'd like to thank you girls and guys for helping me make it a success.*celebrate

lou48314

Medium Fish
Mar 13, 2006
Sterling Heights, MI
I started about twenty years ago too. Got out of it when the first kid came along and I found a piece of Wonder bread floating on the top of my reef tank.
Now I am doing a 20H for the daughter and I am now setting my old 60 gallon up for discus! :)

Toddlee

Medium Fish
Feb 27, 2006
Swannanoa NC
Hi lou,
I'm having great fun this time around, thanks to the internet. Didn't research enough the first time. My 3 daughters are on their own now so Dad is spending the extra money*twirlysmi
Hope your daughter loves the hobby as much as we do.

lou48314

Medium Fish
Mar 13, 2006
Sterling Heights, MI
Twenty years ago we did not have all of this information at our fingertips. We had to rely upon the library and our local fish storeowners. Remember those days? :)
My daughter is six and we got started when she and I were out in the garage and she started asking questions about my old aquarium stuff. She now has her own 20H and she is really getting into it.
I am glad that you are back into the hobby. I missed it too.