Twinspots goby

Apr 11, 2006
hi, I was looking for goby to be put in my 5 gals tank and was thinking about a twinspots goby. I previously own one and really liked it, but it died, actually it myerstery disappeared in my 20gals tank. At that time, I only have him, a arrow head crab and some corals, I don't know what had killed him. All I found left of him was his bottom pretty black fin. He was doing fine before he disappeared. Anyways, I was thinking about getting another one for my 5gals, recommend tank size on liveaquaria is 10gals, but I believe he should do fine in a 5gals alone or maybe with 1 clownfish and a anomene. I am afraid that he might died again.
My questions are: Does carpet anomene eats twinspots goby? What type of food does a twinspots goby eats? Is it hard to feed him?

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
If it mystery disappeared in a 20 with an arrow crab, I would blame the arrow crab.
Q1 - yes, carpets will eat stupid gobies that wander into range. Which will happen eventually, and probably quite quickly ina 5.
Q2 - not sure, quite a lot of 'easy' gobies are micropredators that can be a bit tricky to get on prepared foods, but as they take a few months to starve to death no one notices

S.Reef

Superstar Fish
Dec 1, 2003
Michigan
They need to be kept in pairs in order to do well. Single ones will just mysteriously die if kept by themselves...kind of strange.

S.Reef

Superstar Fish
Dec 1, 2003
Michigan
You just need two, it doesnt really matter what the sex is. They get stressed if they dont have another in the tank and eventually die.