Two Little Fishies Marine Snow

AndyL

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Calgary AB
Haven't tried marine snow, but I know my corals (cloves, shroom, ric and candycane) appreciate the 2nd day feedings of cyclopeeze powder.

Corals aren't plants, they have mouths for a reason, one cant rely solely on light to make the corals grow - Just like you can't raise fish (well most anyway) on a veggie flake alone; need some variety in food to ensure proper nutrition.

Andy

AndyL

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Calgary AB
Camaro: yep, we'll agree to disagree on this one... I tend to follow the "feed more" side of SW (There's some articles out there showing that increased feeding actually reduces nitrates and causes a drastic improvement in the health of fish / corals in a large (think 10,000g) aquarium environment). I'll see if I can dig up the article tonight.

I know a few people who think I feed way too much - but I know that in MY TANK feeding 2 small pinches of flake / cyclopeze flake daily, and a minute amount of cyclopeeze powder every second day, produces about the same nitrate as feeding every second day. The improvement in the color, size and look of the corals within days of the increase in feedings - made me decide to change my methods. Realizing that the nitrates weren't building any faster sold me on this method.

Andy

KahluaZzZ

Superstar Fish
Jun 12, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Visit site
bought the bottle of marine snow. Woa
Ok it may boost the phos...but woa...my toadstool wasn't open since a week. I used 2 bottlecap yesterday and now polyps are opened.
It really helps when you don't have enough lighting.

BTW i bought some yellow polyps..yay

S.Reef

Superstar Fish
Dec 1, 2003
Michigan
Yeah..I just add supplements to my reef feeding only once a day. My fish only I feed 3-4 times a day. I personally believe in personal opinions...hehehe. Whatever works for you stick with.