Two new items with pictures!

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
Following my post in CichlidMan's thread I got to thinking that I should probably explore some of my not so local LFS. I didn't make it in to San Francisco, but I did get to a few other places in the area which I had not visited. The outcome: two frags and a mediocre feeling about the shops. I am interested in going back when the economy isn't down and see what they have in stock when there is more buying/selling going on. So...unlike the usual trend, I am going to actually post pictures of my new items when I post about them...I know...weird huh? But, there is one caveat. The pictures aren't great as I shot them with the macro lens w/out the tripod after stirring up some sand and during the day = a little blurry. I will do my best to get better shots up in a day or so if I have time.

So, here are the two new items:

Acanthastrea (4 mouths = $40)

Pink Birdsnest but growth sections are a faint green blue ($15)

Jul 9, 2003
Columbia, SC
www.youtube.com
Whatttttttttttttt that acan is SICK! (The good kind of sick ;)). I love that color morph. Thats a really great price for it too. Around here there is usually a huge markup on Acans for very dull pieces. One shop had some going for $20 a head for decent looking colors. Yours looks kinda Favia-ish brainish, but either way....its awesome.

The birdsnest looks good too, should turn out nice. Birdsnests seem to grow pretty fast.

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
The place I got the frags from was called AtlantisAquarium and they actually do mail order as well. The website makes it look a lot nicer than the actual store and their prices on some things seemed really high while on others they seemed pretty reasonable. Not sure why that is. Hard to imagine paying $120 for a pretty normal looking 3" Scolymia...on the other hand they had 3" Pink Lemonades for like $80...peculiar.

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
the acan is definitly sick! nice grab ;) oh yea and pink birdnest is defintly one of the faster growing sps IME and pretty much bulletproof (survived my crash)

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
I actually had a small birdsnest before the the move/wedding/honeymoon and it didn't make it. Frag fell down while I was gone, got buried in sand, and was no more. I always wanted to get another, but never really saw a decent looking frag until today.