UB Pictures (-:

Big Vine

Elite Fish
Feb 7, 2006
Florida
That's a great-looking betta! Nice pics. *thumbsups

Browsing through this betta section everyday and seeing all these great pics makes me want to get a betta now too! My wife already has one, but I'd love to get one too...Plus it's a bit cheaper than getting a 55 gallon tank, which will be my next big project! ;)

Big Vine

Sep 2, 2005
North East Philly
Thanks guys! He loves all the silk plants. When I first set it up I thought maybe I went a little over board. But after seeing UB interacting with all the plants I just couldn't take any out. If I took them out for cleaning, UB would look all around the tank and just stay in the center like "What happened to my forest?" At night he sleeps on the right bottom where a base plant is, he rests right under for shade. When I think about it, nap time is the only time he is not flaring at me :p

ninamarie

Superstar Fish
Jan 4, 2006
Kalifornia, Silicon Valley
"Shade" um ok. you turn the light off at night don't you?
I may get silk plants in stead of the plastic one that I have.
Make his tank more natural like. I took pictures yesterday of Flipper and of Butch the other betta that I adopted out to the receptionist and if I had the right USB cable I would share them with you but no I didn't get it.
So tomorrow I will share

Sep 2, 2005
North East Philly
Shade. LOL I was only kidding about that, but when he sleeps under there it looks like that is what he is trying to do. The lights go off at night. In fact most of the time the light in the tank is off since the room gets alot of natural light. Also whenever I turn the hood lights on he thinks it's dinner time.

I highly recommened silk plants. They are alot safer then plastic. With Bettas we have to watch the decor. When I first set up his tank I had a big castle with all these passage ways, UB loved it and played in it all the time, but his tail fin was getting tattered so I had to exchange it for the cave. At first he was peeved and wanted the castle back it took him several days untill he got curious and decided that spelunking was better then playing dungeons & dragons (-:

Sep 2, 2005
North East Philly
UB loves his cave it is very big inside and he loves to swim in there. Sometimes he goes in and sometimes just sticks his head out and observes everything.

LOL I see Flipper waiting to be fed that's a big bubblenest, guess he wants a big family (-: Bettas are too cute.

Butchie is a nice looking fellow too. I love it when a Betta's head is a different color.

Sep 2, 2005
North East Philly
(-:

Chazwick said:
Sweetvegan you have such a nice set up for him! I like seeing Bettas with lots of room! :)
Seems very happy! ! !

I had to say something, but Butchies "vase" looks awfully small :S
Thanks! When we have Fishy for good, I plan on giving him an eclipse 6 too*thumbsups

I thought Butchie's home was a little small, but maybe it is bigger in person then it looks in the picture.