UGF set up help + Heater Question

Mar 22, 2006
Hey again, I thought I'd post this here as it gets alot more traffic and this is semi-urgent!

Just wondering whats the best way to set up a UGF.

I have a dual outlet powerhead but 1 end isnt working, so I have a spare single from an old tank which im going to use.

There will be 2 uplift pipes (?) and 2 power heads but I was wondering that the hell goes on with the rest of the tubing etc?

I pulled all of it apart and forgot what goes where!

I have this little device which has two hose ends and what looks like a whistle in the middle. Also, 3 of these hose connectors with air valves which look like they control how much air goes through.

I've searched the forums and on google but wondered if someone could link me or tell me every STEP BY STEP to successfully set up my UGF (this tank is only costing me fish!). Basically the manufactors insructions on setting it up to aid me with my set up.

Thanks soooo much and I hope i've been clear enough.

__________________________________________________ _

Also, I have a Jager heater which is around 10 years old.

It was a dial on the top with 0-10.

What setting should it be at for tropical fish?It's a 54L tank and 75W heater. Probably Clown loaches and that group.

Thanks!
(degrees would also be appreaciated!)

Jan 29, 2006
bradford,NH
the way mine is set up is i have 2 air stones, one in each tube and i have a air pump pushin air through both. the air exits the stone at the bottom of ech tube and moves the water up and out the top where there is a carbon filter. but thats just mine, i hate it anyways and would advise against putting it in.....