uh oh...

Julez

Medium Fish
Nov 17, 2009
Pensylvania...
Do you have a local Meijer or Walmart? They have it! I got my ammonia from Meijer, and it was Meijer brand.. It worked perfect
I have never even heard of Meijer.. but the stuff I got was from Walmart... it had the bad stuff in it... I am going to have to drain the tank and start from scratch.. as soon as I find the right stuff.... Might try the dollar store... lol

Wenty

New Fish
Oct 28, 2009
Minnesota
Also you can shake the bottle to see if it's pure ammonia. If there is foam or bubbles on top then its has additives in it.... Not good.

ACE hardware has pure ammonia also if there is one in your area. *thumbsup2

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
i found my ammonia in a hardware store also. the big bottle (equivalent to a big TIDE detergent) was only $3 so a high price will suggest that youre not buying pure stuff. also my bottle didnt even mention ingredients. it just has the name AMMONIA on its label and basic cleaning applications.
You've found what youre looking for if you find something without ingredients on the bottle or the engredients just say ammonia and hydroxide.

Julez

Medium Fish
Nov 17, 2009
Pensylvania...
Well, Im going to keep looking... still bugging my hubby about buying me my own 55 gallon so I can give this one back and not have to worry about it... Might just do the fish in cycle... thats what Ive done before and its worked out alot better.... Really dont want to screw it up and kill my babys!!