Uh ohh! (I did it again!!!!!!!!)

Sinsarity

Medium Fish
Jul 12, 2003
Visit site
Hello everyone, My name is Nikki and I am truly a "Betta-holic".

I couldn't stop myself! I was at walmart and they had left the bettas stacked to high and eight to a bag and they had just left them there!(don't worry, I complained) Well, I decided I would help the shelving process and started opening the bags and let the poor bettas breathe. Well, you can guess what happened next, I FELL IN LOVE!!! with a multi colored guy. He had frosty blue, purple, red, blue, white,... OH MY GOD!!! HE IS GORGEOUS!!!

Ok, just had to brag about my new addition!

Thanks, Nikki.

Sinsarity

Medium Fish
Jul 12, 2003
Visit site
Ohh, you guys know how hard it was to walk away from the rest of those cuties!!! They had amazingly colorful ones this time, How does one stop??? (wait, don't tell me, COUSE I DON"T WANNA!!!!!!!!) I just have to get more room, money, tanks,... the list goes on :D

Iggy

Superstar Fish
Jun 25, 2003
Leduc, AB, Canada
Visit site
I work within a few blocks of 3 major fish store chains... Big Als, Petsmart and PJ's Pets.

For betta addicts like you and me, I am too close to the source of new bettas.

Now... all I need is more tanks and.......

420Loach

Superstar Fish
May 26, 2003
Makaha, Hawaii
Visit site
you could do like me, and lock your wallet(with its little bit of money;)) in the glove box before you go in an lfs:D

and i park far enough away that i wont want to run to my car and get it hehehe:D even though its been really hard not to lately...

Sep 22, 2003
VA
www.geocities.com
i totally feel you guys. i can't stop buying bettas. theres also something rewarding about rescuing them from walmart (the one down here is crappy) and putting some melafix in with a betta and seeing it spring to life in no time with a little love. i got one recently to my boyfriend's dismay and named it gamble (cuz i was taking a risk on him, he had BAD fin rot). he's doing great now! aquabid is also a dangerous place for me to see bettas. although i have to say, the bettas that have done the best for me are my lfs ones, not the ones from super nice breeders...interesting...*twirlysmi

Iggy

Superstar Fish
Jun 25, 2003
Leduc, AB, Canada
Visit site
LFS bettas are tougher the breeder bettas. Even the breeders will admit that. Fish store bettas are so mass produced, so terribly packaged and under-cared for (in general) that only the strong make it to our shelves (in cups no doubt)