Unidentified Spots

Jul 8, 2003
New Jersey
For some reason there are some white spots on my male dwarf gourami's fins. They aren't like fungus that look fuzzy but their fins lose color. Just a transparent area for that spot. About five in all. PLEASE HELP!

Thanks

Jun 25, 2003
Visit site
it could be a lot of things, or it also could be nothing at all. some of my dwarfs i used to own had those spots and they never had any problems. i'd maybe throw in some mealfix just in case it is a fungus or bacteria, and watch it for a day or two.

keep us posted, esp. if it gets worse, we'll always be glad to help

Jul 8, 2003
New Jersey
I should thank Bill Gates for the internet. Was it Bill Gates? I never knew there was such thing as the "web" until I was 7 or 8 (1997-1998). I don't know how my parents got through their spare time in the 60's. Let's see Mom: Upper Class w/ Rich, frugal dad. Dad: Middle Class w/ average dad. I'll keep you posted on what will happen with the fish. I have the Spotted Dwarf in seperate tank since he was way to aggresive. I think I am going to exchange it for some females. Then my remaining male could become a chick magnet. *laughingc *celebrate ;)

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2003
New Jersey
damit my larger gourami is having some black spots all over his body. I am returning it and the smaller becuase that doesn't seem to be well because he always clamps his 2 things that hang down from his body in the front and sometimes clamps his fins. Anyway I changed my mind and wants an Angelfish only tank. I know different tropical fish have quite tantalizing colors but I seem to be more fit for raising black fish. My marble is alive for quite a while when my usual life-span is about maxium 8 days or so.