unusual

rshxt9

Large Fish
Sep 18, 2006
rolla, missouri
so, one of my kissers died on saturday. and the other one (which is in his own tank) is covered in little white dots. i've been treating him and the others with ick treatment (it's blue). he's just been laying around at the bottom of the tank. he eats and occasionally moves, but isn't very active anymore. the betta i got is also hanging out at the bottom and has a white mark on his head. there are no other signs of illness on the betta. the gourami i just bought (with all the others) is doing just fine as is my origional gourami. what's going on here?!

Mahamotorworks

Superstar Fish
Aug 26, 2006
Thule, Greenland
www.myspace.com
If you have a test kit I would check your Pramaters. It kinda sounds like ICK with the with Dots. I would Raise the temp a but to see if it helps. I am not sure about adding Salt cause the betta might not like salt.
I know a Photo will help identify what it is. Sorry that I dont know more about your type of fish to help you.

MAHA

rshxt9

Large Fish
Sep 18, 2006
rolla, missouri
my betta's eyes are now all red. should i start spazzing now? i have no kit, i have no heater, i'm a college kid with no funds. i don't have a camera to take a photo with nor can i borrow one because all of my floor mates went home. it's all sad now:(

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
Judging by your other posts, you probably need to do a water change. You added a bunch of fish, and aren't testing your water, so I would assume that you have ammonia or nitrite levels that are stressing your fish.

I suggest you take a water sample to the nearest fish store or chain pet store and have them test it (most test it for free). If they try to sell you something to reduce the nitrite or ammonia, just say "no thanks," and go home and do a water change with dechlorinated water.

You should also read this article to understand what's going on in your tank: Aquamaniacs :: View article - Cycling Safely - by Clint Tisher

rshxt9

Large Fish
Sep 18, 2006
rolla, missouri
I took roughly a third of the water out, put new water in. I declholinated and all that fun stuff in. maybe it's just the law athat i can only keep blues.

edit....TOD 1:57 oct 1 Mac the betta RIP

Last edited:

rshxt9

Large Fish
Sep 18, 2006
rolla, missouri
it's offical. i'm a killer. my last kisser just died. :( it's so tramatizing. now i have one empty one gallon and a 10 gal with a little blue and a big blue and a sucker. so sad