upcomming frag swap

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
Here's what ill be getting next month from the frag swap!

20 polyps of these for 12.00

10+ of these for 10.00

3+ of these for 20.00

3 of these for 20.00

15+ of these for 15.00

3 stalks for 8.00

Only 1 im not sure about is the 3 purple polyps with green skirts for 20.00.. Looked awsome when I first saw em but not feeling em so much right now lol.. What's your thoughts

strout

Superstar Fish
Dec 21, 2008
They look nice, I am so glad we don't have frag swaps around here, lol. We are kinda baren when it comes to corals around here, the LFS don't want to tie their money up in inventory I think. Listen, I am wanting ya'lls advice on something. I am wanting my next purchase or two of Zos or polyps, to be something bright, something blue or red or yellow or orange, something that really stands out. What do you suggest I look into buying?

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
Orange Bam Bam zoas are awesome. They're fairly common, and not too expensive (relatively speaking).
Here are my Bam Bams in front of some Nuclear Greens.

Blues tend to be less visible in the tank, but can be nice. Tubbs Blues are supposed to be really nice, but they're expensive. Reds are fairly common at the LFS, so maybe wait for something to come in. Reds/pinks/purples tend to not stand out much against the coraline. Yellows tend to be hard to find, but you might get lucky.

Be aware that some of the fancy zoas need certain light spectra/conditions to really show their colors. Some will tend to fade out under the wrong lighting. Also, some of the images online are digitally enhanced (or shot under heavy actinics), and the corals may not look the same when you get them home.

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
The 1's with the mary janes are called purple hornets and call for a big price tag.. at least 40/polyp! Joe I don't have any RPE's to sell.. Only have 5 polyps left.. Lotus those don't look like Nuke greens they are Dragon Eyes (IMO).. Tubbs are very nice, normally run around 8/polyp or less

quaddity

Large Fish
Feb 25, 2007
Mesa, AZ
www.myspace.com
Yeah I was going to say those were radioactive dragon eyes and not nuke greens too. Man those purple hornets are cool. I'm going to see if there's any available at the next swap meet in a couple weeks. Wow after looking at the prices I doubt I'm getting any until they fall out of fashion hehe.

Last edited:

di0nysus

Large Fish
Sep 9, 2007
sunnyside of california
gotta love the purple hornets. i'll be getting a 3-4 polyp frag for $40 some time next week. theres always people trying to make money out of this hobby and then theres people who just enjoy it and like the share it with everyone.
i tend to look for the person who enjoys the hobby they are the ones that wont rip you off when it comes to buying coral. $300 for a polyp is just insane